« December 2005 |
| February 2006 »
Bravo to the staff at docopenhagen.blogspot.com for putting this together - the Top Music Videos of 2005.
Of course, the Gorillaz Dare and Dirty Harry videos are incredible (#8 and #26 respectively).
Turn it up.
02:07 PM in Music | Permalink
Amusing and interesting trivia, facts, etc. on 100 things we didn't know this time last year. The BBC almanac typically compiles a weekly version - this is their end of year roundup.
Just a few things I didn't know this time last year:
2. Mohammed is now one of the 20 most popular names for boys born in England and Wales.
3. While it's an offense to drop litter on the pavement, it's not an offense to throw it over someone's garden wall.
(I'm not sure if this applies to the U.S. - has anyone tried this?)
20. The Queen has never been on a computer, she told Bill Gates as she awarded him an honorary knighthood.
68. The Very Hungry Caterpillar has sold one copy every minute since its 1969 publication.
99. The Japanese word "chokuegambo" describes the wish that there were more designer-brand shops on a given street.
01:49 PM | Permalink